Connor and I took a first trip without Kyle a few weekends ago and got back up to Cary to squeeze some family time in while we had the time. The ride went well. We only had to stop twice to get a feeding in and was able to get there in 5 hours (usually it takes us 4, maybe a touch over) so that really isn't too, too bad. I like being able to get back home but it is definitely more of the usual hassle now. I have to balance Connor's needs of course as well as make sure I nurse or pump to keep up my milk supply. It has proven to be very sensitive. As soon as I'm away from home it decreases which is stressful and of course the more you stress the worse it gets. I plan to breastfeed for a full year but boy does it limit your activities. Anyway, as much I wanted to go hang out with friends this trip was all about trying to relax and hang with family. I was able to get some good visits in with my nephew Tristan.. it's fun to watch him and Connor together.
Erin came over to play for alittle while and Connor had so much fun he zonked out on my legs for a while and then again with his Popi :)
We also spent most of our Saturday over Kyle's mom. Connor was doted on the whole time of course :) He is the only baby on this side of the fam so far so he soaks up all that baby love.
Overall our trip was good and we'll be back in April for a little visit and then Connor will join Caroline, Kathryn and me for a much needed girls weekend in Edenton! I thought Kyle would be able to take this opportunity to have a bit of a boys weekend with us gone but unfortunately for him that didn't happen. He was sick with bad cold all weekend. He did make it out for a short while Friday at least! Better than nothing.
On another note, Carolina played Duke last night and WON! Wooo! :) We had another couple over to watch the game and had some much need grown up time and had a ton of fun.We actually stayed up until midnight. It's a miracle! I never thought I'd see the day or night I should say :) Kyle and I usually pass out on the couch watching tv every night by 8:30. It's pathetic. Oh well, that's what happens when you wake up at 5 or 6 every morning. Connor was very thoughtful to wake up at 6 and happily play in his bassinet for a while and then eat and go right back to bed with us until 10. Thank you buddy :) This isn't a rare thing for him to do but on this particular morning we were very happy to be able to get a few extra hours of sleep.
Connor has his 4 month check up on Tuesday! I'll keep you posted on what Doc says!
P.S. Happy Birthday to my aunt Jeanne today!

No comments:
Post a Comment