This blog is mostly read by my other mommy friends and family to keep up with what's new with Connor (maybe Kyle and myself too) but also because it's almost theraputic for myself too. It's nice writing things down even if no one else
really cares. I've always been a here and there journal writer but since having Connor I have decided to start writing again only this time I'm writing a journal to him. I write down the more personal aspects our of life, things that are happening, how he is doing, advice, random thoughts, etc. I plan on giving it to him at some point. I haven't decided when yet. Maybe when he gets married? The birth of his own son or daughter? I'll know when the time comes I'm sure. He may learn something, he may not. He may care, he may not. Either way he'll at least have the opportunity to get to know who I am better and come to understand why I made the decisions I did for him, myself and our family as he was growing up and that's worth something, I think. If I keep up with this blog maybe I'll have it printed up in some nice format. I want to create something that he can look back at and share with his children. Growing up I always liked hearing stories of my family members. My grandmother (Nana) is the queen of this and I love it. I think it's important to know where you come from. Ancestry.com feeds this love. Have any of you done it? Some years ago my Dad started delving into our family history using ancestry.com and got pretty far even traced back to Ireland. Since my Dad had all the records on my side of the family I decided that I would work on Kyle's family tree after I became pregnant to look into where my son was coming from. I got so addicted to doing this I would spend hours on the computer. Once you start you can't stop! Some of the records you can find are amazing. I found out things Kyle never even knew. We ended up tracing his family back to Ireland, Switzerland and Germany. Now that show has come out called "Who do you think you are?" I think it's on ABC on Fridays. It follows different celebs as they try to trace back certain ancestors. Love it! It gets DVR'd every week. My aunt just sent me more records on my Mom's side of the family that I have started reading and trying to connect all the dots. It's like a puzzle!
On another note, Connor is just coming over his first cold. Very sad. Very, very sad. Our snot suction, babyrub and the swing have been our best friends the past few days. The first 2 nights we let Connor just sleep all night in his swing. When he is upright he is able to breath so much easier and then the last 2 nights he's been in bed with us. The swing is our biggest help when Connor is feeling sick or just having a hard day. The only thing that can make anything better is getting enough rest so it allows him to drift off easily whenever his body tells him to. Everyone always knows that when they see the swing downstairs it means poor Connor is feeling well. :(
 |
| Spencer :) currently |
By the way, Happy St. Patty's Day today!! and Happy Birthday to my first puppy Spencer. Some of you know Spencer. He is the sweetest German Shepherd/Rottweiler you will ever meet. Erin and I got him together since we had always lived together but soon after I moved to Charleston we decided he would stay with Erin. Sharing custody of a dog when you live 4 hours away from each other is a hard thing to do. Plus Spencer didn't care too much for Smokey (Kyle's cat, who now lives with his mom since I am allergic) We attempted having her for a while too but I was pretty miserably sick all the time so that didn't work out. But I do miss him terribly. He is such a good dog. He is having fun in his spacious backyard now. I don't think the 1 bedroom condo suited him well at the time... Happy Birthday Spency!!!
 |
| Spencer and Erin went Spencer was a baby. We had just adopted him! |
St. Patty's also a special holiday for Kyle and I. It was one of our first hang out times, kind of.... Erin, Nick were planning on going to Savannah for the big celebration. They invited Kyle and me to go along although at the time Kyle and I didn't know each other very well. The trip sealed the deal though! Tons of fun! Here are few memories of the crazy night.... One year we'll get back there and celebrate.
 |
| Molly & Kyle |
 |
| Kyle & Nick |
Can't seem to find any pictures of Kyle and I together online. Hmm... I know they exist somewhere!
P.S. Happy Birthday Taylor!!
No comments:
Post a Comment