Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Right on track!

Connor went for his 4 month check up today and he is looking good! He got 2 shots and an oral vaccination.  He didn't even cry on his first shot and then by the second he realized what was going on and the sad, sad cries began.  Although he recovered quickly and all was good.  He is exhausted now and sound asleep on the couch next to me. Doc says he is really doing great.  Moving like he should be moving and talking like he should be talking.  He is even beginning to throw some consonant sounds in there. Lots of "goo's" and "gaa's" and a little "muh's" too.  I keep encouraging him to turn that "muuhhh" into "mama" No luck yet but I'll keep trying. :) She told me most 4 month olds are drinking close to 6 ounces by now but not Connor.  He is stuck on his 2 hour/4 ounce eating schedule.  I've tried moving him up to 5 or 6 ounces in hopes that he'll be able to hold off for longer but he rarely drinks it all.  He just starts knawing on the bottle and smiling at me and even if he does he's still ready to eat again in 2 hours.  So, we'll stick to what he wants.  I think it is what helps him sleep through the night. He loads up on everything he needs during the day so he is good to go all night long! My approach is to just go with the flow.  I do as he tells me to... for now :) I am loving my 4 month old baby.  It's such a great age.  He's full of smiles and laughs.  We will wait until 6 months for rice cereal and stay strictly breastmilk until then!

So, here are his stats:
  • Weight - 14lbs 8oz (50th percentile)
  • Length - 25 1/2 inches (75th percentile)
  • Head - 41 1/2 (25th percentile)
He has maintained being right on average for his weight but notice his length.  He's still a tall boy! We're interested to see how long that lasts.  He certainly didn't get any of his height from Kyle or I.

P.S.  Another birthday shout out... Happy Birthday Dad!! and Jeffrey Schmidt :)

No comments: