In mid April I had a week with no obligations so I planned a trip to head back to Raleigh/Cary for a few days to see friends and family. Later in the week Caroline, Connor and myself hopped back into the car and drove the 2 1/2 hours from Raleigh to Edenton to visit with Kathryn. Like I've said previously, trips with baby are a little bit more difficult but for the most part everything went well. Normally the trip from Charleston to Raleigh take me about 4 - 4 1/2 hours but with Connor it is AT LEAST 5 because of a stop or 2 since I was alone. But thanks to the tornadoes and it's debris that hit Raleigh and the surrounding areas it took me a good 6 hours. The last of which consisted of Connor screaming. Frankly, I don't blame him. Who wants to be strapped in a carseat for 6 hours hardly able to move? Not me, that's for sure. I felt horrible. There was not much I could do. This little boy wanted out. So all I could think to do was sing Baa Baa Black Sheep over and over and over and over and over. Ever since he was a newborn this song has calmed him. No other song will do; it has to be Baa Baa. So he eventually recovered when we only had about 5 minutes to go and was happy as a clam once brought inside and put on the floor to move and play.
 |
| Connor also had girls night with Lindsey & Fiona! |
 |
| and sleepy time with Grandma |
The car ride to Edenton went much better for both of us. I had company and Connor had Caroline to hop to the back to feed him when he was ready. No stopping, YAY! Getting away for a girls weekend was perfect. Just what I needed. Friday we walked downtown and then went to see Foxy (Kathryn's horse) Now last time I rode Foxy
someone (Kathryn) didn't tighten the saddle tightly enough and the saddle and myself slide right off Foxy's back to her side. Ok, I won't blame it all on Kathryn. Apparently Foxy doesn't like putting her saddle on and bloats her belly out when it's being tightened so when he lets out the saddle is loose again. Wait, no actually I am going to blame Kathryn! Silly never tightened it back up again knowing this information! :) Anyway, this was frightening. I just had visions of her kicking me in the head. So this time I was a bit more reluctant to hop on but I did, this time bareback (I'm not sure which is worse) I made Kathryn hold on to her this time. All I kept saying was "I have someone to live for now!" :) It was fun. It always is. It's just that they are such gigantic animals. Caroline had a blast. She would ride that horse all day, everyday if she had the chance. Here a few pics...
 |
| She is laughing as I'm telling her that I cannot die |
The girls also put together a little photo shoot for Connor. Wardrobe changes and all. :) Here's a few....
 |
| This I HAD to add. The wind was blowing so hard that it was taking his breath away! He kept making the funniest faces! |
The ride back to Raleigh was similar to the ride up. Connor was not happy the last hour and I pulled off on a few exits and got him out of his seat and we danced around the car a few times which made him laugh but then we'd have to get back in. He wasn't pleased with me but I knew he'd feel better soon. Almost home I kept saying, almost home!! There was a call in that last hour to Kyle however, telling him I was never going to do this without him again. It is too sad making him be all alone back there for so long. All in all in went fairly well. That next day Connor slept almost all day. Probably making up for all the sleep I deprived him of toting him from one side of town to another.
Speaking of sleep deprivation... I need to be in bed. I have been running on empty lately. I cannot get a good nights sleep even with Connor sleeping through the night. I think the days of good sleep are just gone no matter how well your child sleeps.
More updates soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment