A few weeks ago Erin came into town to visit us. I happen to be staying over at the Goldstein's that week while they were out of town so not only did Erin get some time with Connor and I, she also got to stay at a super sweet house on the marsh. She even had her own wing of the house :) Unfortunately the sun only decided to shine the day she left... better than nothing I guess...
Here were our views for the week....
Ahhh, if only we could afford a multi million dollar home.
Connor is creeping up on 6 months and is changing every day. He is currently obsessed with spitting raspberries and holding his own bottle. When he sees the bottle coming he gets so excited. The arms start flalling around, legs kicking. It's so cute. :) He's almost ready for solid food and I've been stocking up on baby food books to get some good ideas since I will be making all of his food myself. The best one is Super Baby Food and also from the Dr. Sears series of books, The Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood. There is a lot of good information in those two for any Mommies interested in making their own food or just getting a little bit more educated on what's in the food you're eating and what it is doing to you.
That being said, the Hines family has officially become a Whole Foods family. After reading those 2 books I went through our food and looked at the ingredient lists. Almost everything was not the best for us! And we thought we were buying good things!!! Labeling deceives you! So now it takes me twice as long to go grocery shopping because I stand there and read all the labels thoroughly. I'm that person now.... Interesting how your views on so many things change once you have a child.
Here are shots of a few of my favorite moments over the past month.....


No comments:
Post a Comment