I set up my hair appointment on a Saturday so Kyle could stay home with Connor while I was gone and then he was asked to help his boss move this exact morning, of course, so that left me asking Amy and Justin to watch Connor while we were both gone. This is the first time I have ever left him besides for 2 hours on Christmas with my mom while Kyle and I went to a movie. Now this seems silly to some of you out there but it's a weird feeling leaving your child in the hands of anyone else for the first time. But all went well and Caroline and Connor had a good playdate together and I came out of it feeling much better and glad it worked out the way it did. The first time was going to be the hardest, I knew but I'm feeling more and more comfortable with getting out on some date nights with Kyle now.
The same evening we went over to James and Claire's super cute apartment downtown for some dinner, dessert and a few million games of dominoes. (Kyle wouldn't stop until he won) We had a great night and it was really nice to get out the house. The food was fan-freaken-tastic as well. Yum. We spent a majority of the night sitting around the table just chatting while the littlest one did this...
As long as this child is swaddled and has his paci he will crash anywhere. As I said earlier, we did get a few games of dominoes in as well which Kyle and I had never played before and it was really actually fun. I never did win but I did come in 2nd one time! Very proud of that. Kyle seriously wouldn't give up until he finally won.
We might have to add this game to our collection. We love board games. Except Trivial Pursuit. Ugh, I hate that game! Probably because I can answer maybe one question throughout the entire game. Kyle loves it though, unfortunately...
| What is going on here, James? :) |
We also took a few family pictures before we left. It's rare that we are all dressed in normal clothes at the same time, usually pjs win out :) so we had to take advantage of this opportunity. Here are a few...
Now it's Super Bowl Sunday and I have absolutely no interest. We're not much of a football fam. Basketball is our game and right now there's a UNC game on so I must go watch.
1 comment:
Ah! I can't stop laughing at that pic with Jamey!
SO glad you and the fam got to come over Saturday night! What fun! Can't wait to do it again!
Post a Comment